Openly Broken

Openly Broken
For African American Women dealing with Depression

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Untitled Poem by guest poet Chiquita Hyche


I love you but I hate you
Sounds real cliché but it’s true
I try to stay away from you but it’s
Something about you that’s drawing me closer
We on two different pages but I’m trying to slow
Down so you can catch up
But time keeps passing
And I keep wondering
Will I ever have you…
Will I ever have those things that I wish for in you
It’s like I’m trying to make something a reality but its remaining a dream
I know you got your heart broke
Once and you keep trying to rewind time and go back
But I want you to move on
I want you to know that it’s more in life than heartbreak n unhappiness
I’m trying to give you something I never had
But I’m getting pushed away
I’ve given up on so much but
I won’t give up on you
I love you because I see the good in you
I see you trying
I see you being the perfect guy but you’re scared
I have so much high hopes for you
You deserve better but you stuck
I see you being the man you want to be
But do you see it
I love you but I hate you
I hate you because you me in a place where I don’t know what’s next
I don’t know if I should continue to love you
Or give up on you
I’m confused because the words you say suppress my feelings but your actions
Tend to hurt them
I hate you because I feel like you leading me on
N I’m continuing to follow
I hate you because I fell in love with you
I wasn’t trying to but it happened
So it’s me who gotta deal with it
Whatever comes next I’m willing to deal with it
I love you
But I hate you
I just hope at that end
It don’t hurt so much
Chiquita Hyche is a dear friend, poet,
and nail tech.
Follow her:
@chiquita

No comments:

Post a Comment