Openly Broken

Openly Broken
For African American Women dealing with Depression

Monday, May 7, 2018

FORGIVE ME--by guest poet Tonisha N.

Locked windows
Closed doors
Painful thorns poking at my flesh
Who knew that a rose could thrive in the cold
Night skies
Reminiscing on the good times
Life laughs
Life dies
Life has so many unknown whys
Cries
Tears filling up my soul
But failing to fall out of my eyes
I can’t cry
It’s as if the devil himself is begging me to take this joyride
Through gratification
And wicked sins
To bring out the pain that I feel within
No one told me that it would easy
But they did say it would be worth it
Now I’m trying to figure out why the fuck this shit ain’t perfect
And where did I go wrong because shit hasn’t been right in long
Now I’m sitting here pretending
Talking others out of suicide while I’m the one needing the intervention
Ain’t that shit wicked
You’re saving them while your foot is on the ledge
With your heart beating fast
And your soul in cast
You’re battling demons that no one can seem to grasp
Lurking in the shadows
For you to give your last
And snatch you away fast
So I wait
And I listen
Hoping they’ll give me the answers to what it is that I’m feeling
Maybe I’m dreaming
But I see no reason in living
And maybe ending it all would make shit much simpler
Just forgive me when my eyes close and my light fades away
Your darkness will turn to day
So forgive me
But I couldn’t stay. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment