Openly Broken

Openly Broken
For African American Women dealing with Depression

Monday, May 14, 2018

"GOD, LOVE, SEX, AND DRUGS" A poem written by guest poet Tonisha N.


I wanna lay up in between sheets
I wanna smoke this pain away
I’m hurting inside
And I feel as if I’m just fading away
No one understands how it feels
Doctors only know how to prescribe pills
And not how to actually heal
So you find other ways to heal
Smoking weed
Drinking vodka
Misusing pills
Sleeping with a man
To feel as if you’re still in control
But it starts talking a toll
Next thing you know
You’re no longer bitter
Now you’re mad as hell
And no one can tell you how you got here
They say talk to god but he was never there
No one wants to die they just want the pain to be still
God
Love
Sex
And
Drugs
Heal my pain so I won’t hurt anymore...


Tonisha N. is a writer and poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment