Openly Broken

Openly Broken
For African American Women dealing with Depression

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

I AM...A Strong Black Woman!

Image result for black woman with hurricane in her hairI am a strong black woman.
I don't want to be.
Don't believe the hype.
I need to be.
I have to be in order to survive in this world.
If I'm not I will be gobbled up and then  regurgitated, my remains a visual aid used as an example to others that will come after me.


I am a strong black woman.
I don't choose to be.
I don't want to be.
I have to be,

I don't claim the title with pride.
I don't shout it with arrogance.
I don't say it so you'll tremble with fear.
It's not a strike against the black man's manhood.

I wasn't strong until I had to be.
This is about survival.

They don't love me.
They don't love this strong black woman,
The men don't.
The sons don't.
The daughters don't.
The others won't.

Most days I don't.
I can't love pain. And my pain has produced strength.

3 comments:

  1. This touched the soul girl u went deep. Love this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Joyce, I couldn't figure out how to email you from here so you can either email me: openly.broken@gmail.com, I also have a gofundme account https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard, or purchase the book:)

      Delete